Blogging is Dead would like to thank you, the readers for all of the support (and page views!) you've given us over the last couple month. It's time now that we open the doors to bigger opportunities. We would like to introduce the new, paid site, TechCyb.org. This new site is available and live NOW and I would love for each and every one of you to check it out. This site will no longer be maintained and/or updated so make sure you check out TECHCYB.ORG to get the latest in tech news.
- Greg Davis
Microsoft Store

Monday, September 5, 2011

Welcome To "Blogging is Dead"

Hey all, this will be the start of my tech blog. It won't really introduce new things but rather my opinion of current tech events or devices. I really enjoy reading and passing opinions on new releases and I hope to share some of this with you. Some things that I post on here may not be an article but rather a comment to an article I read and the comments that follow it. For example, I read an article about the first Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) phone to be released (In Europe =[) and upon reading the comments I found, of course, a wild amount of fanboyism.

Essentially, my response to their WP7 bashing was this:

"LOL at that WP haters. I've read and experienced enough of the mobile universe to understand that Microsoft is and will make it's come back. Mango is the start. It's becoming clearer and clearer that Windows is not playing catch up, it's trying to do something new. It's trying to create an experience immersed within the UI rather than having to download apps for every separate thing you want to do. I currently am on an iPhone and it's good for what it's intended to do but as far as getting to the point, it never does. I won't touch Android... it's so fragmented it's a joke, still. And ICS (ice cream sandwich) may fix this, and that would be great! Apple proved that it's in fact playing catch up with it's iOS 5 release which really just adds features that are seen and loved in WP7 and Android. I'm sorry but Apple takes too much pride in their cloud (which happens to have been a part of WP for like...ever... yeah) Same with all of the text-to-speech and vice versa features. I am not against any company. I do my research always. WP7.5 has proven that it can and will compete with iOS and Android. Anyone that bashes it is either a fan boy or someone who as never used a WP. The Metro UI and fresh look that Microsoft brings to the table as well as the incredible integration with speech, gesture, and social networking isn't an attempt at getting in to the competition but rather an attempt at changing it. They know they're on the bottom of the smart phone heap but they also know they are doing right by the consumer with their release of WP 7.5. Anyone with an open mind has come to love WP and I fully intend to join the ranks as a WP 7.5 user when they release their handsets this fall."

More to come in the following days. I will begin to include links to articles as well as more opinions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More